The COVID-19 pandemic has turned research business-as-usual upside down. The obvious solution to the logistical problem of running a trial without spreading the infection you are trying to extinguish is a virtual trial. Technology for virtual trials — bring your own device (BYOD) ePRO and direct data capture (DDC) — have been in place for several years, but the implementation of these innovative approaches has stagnated. While cleaner data, reduced cost, and patient engagement are all benefits of virtual study implementations, perhaps the biggest accelerator to their wider adoption will be the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on how trials are conducted.
In this webinar you’ll learn:
- How hybrid trial implementations help during the current COVID-19 pandemic
- How virtual trials ease physician office burden during times of stress to the healthcare system
- Why DDC trials make sense for infectious disease studies
- How hybrid studies reduce trial costs, improve data quality, and engage patients
- Why the FDA and EMA both encourage DDC practices
- How BYOD trials fit in this lexicon and help to recruit and retain patients in these socially distant times